Dava Shastri’s Last Day by Kirthana Ramisetti
Dava Shastri’s Last Day by Kirthana Ramisetti ebook MOST ANTICIPATED IN FALL 2021 by TIME, The Washington Post, Bustle, Goodreads, and Debutiful • A Publishers Marketplace Buzz Book for Fall/Winter 2021 • Longlisted for the 2021 Center for Fiction First Novel Prize
In this thought-provoking and entertaining debut novel about of a multicultural family, a dying billionaire matriarch leaks news of her death early so she can examine her legacy—a decision that horrifies her children and inadvertently exposes secrets she has spent a lifetime keeping: “Full of music, magnetism, and familial obligation” (Emma Straub, author of All Adults Here).
Dava Shastri, one of the world’s wealthiest women, has always lived with her sterling reputation in mind. A brain cancer diagnosis at the age of seventy, however, changes everything, and Dava decides to take her death—like all matters of her life—into her own…
365 Days With Self-Discipline 2017 by Martin Meadows Buy Now fast deliveryRated 5.00 out of 5
$11.99Add to cart
365 Days With Self-Discipline: 365 Life-Altering Thoughts on Self-Control, Mental Resilience, and Success
365 Life-Altering Thoughts on Self-Control How to Build Self-Discipline and Become More Successful (365 Powerful Thoughts From the World’s Brightest Minds)
Its lack makes you unable to achieve your goals. Without it, you’ll struggle to lose weight, become fit, wake up early, work productively and save money. Not embracing it in your everyday life means that you’ll never realize your full potential. Ignoring it inevitably leads to regret and feeling sad about how more successful and incredible your life could have been if you had only decided to develop it.
What is this powerful thing? Self-discipline.
And if there’s one thing that self-discipline is not, it’s instant. It takes months (if not years) to develop powerful self-control that will protect you from impulsive decisions, laziness, procrastination, and inaction.
You need to exhibit self-discipline day in, day out, 365 days in a year. What if you had a companion who would remind you daily to stay disciplined and persevere, even when the going gets tough?
365 Days With Self-Discipline is a practical, accessible guidebook for embracing more self-discipline in your everyday life. You’ll learn how to do this through 365 brief, daily insights from the world’s brightest minds, expanded and commented upon by bestselling personal development author Martin Meadows.
This isn’t just an inspirational book; most of the entries deliver practical suggestions that you can immediately apply in your life to become more disciplined. Here are just some of the things you’ll learn:
– why living your life the hard way makes it easy (and other suggestions from a successful entrepreneur and longevity scientist);
– how to overcome your initial resistance and procrastination based on the remark made by one of the most renowned Renaissance men;
– why, according to an influential neurosurgeon, it’s key to see problems as hurdles instead of obstacles (and how to do that);
– how to embrace an experimental mindset to overcome a fear of failure (a technique recommended by a successful entrepreneur and musician);
– how to quit in a smart way, according to a world-famous marketing expert;
– how to improve your productivity at work by implementing the advice from one of the most successful detective fiction writers;
– how a trick used by screenwriters can help you figure out the first step needed to get closer to your goals;
– how to maintain self-discipline in the long-term by paying attention to what a bestselling non-fiction author calls necessary to survive and thrive;
– how your most common thoughts can sabotage your efforts (and other valuable insights from one of the most respected Roman Stoics); and
– how to overcome temporary discouragement and look at your problems from the proper perspective, as suggested by a well-known public speaker and author.
If you’re ready to finally change your life and embrace self-discipline — not only for the next 365 days, but for the rest of your life — buy this book now and together, let’s work on your success!